We are looking for candidates to support our audit work who enjoy a combination of reviewing clients’ reserving and capital assessments and forming their own independent assessments – this is the process we use widely when we provide specialist support on audits. Our practitioners have benefited by improving the breadth of their knowledge of reserving and getting exposure to and engagement with senior leadership within the insurance industry.
- Stakeholder management and communication with the most senior leadership of insurance and other organisations
- Professional scepticism, when assessing reserves and capital calculations requiring a high degree of judgement for statutory and regulatory purposes
- Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
- Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
- Drafting reports and presentations.
- Working with large datasets and with sparse data to assess judgements made
- Providing a high-quality advisory service to our clients
- Working and collaborating with other non-actuarial colleagues within KPMG, primarily with an auditing and accounting background”
- A good knowledge of standard actuarial reserving techniques, and application of these techniques for a variety of reporting• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
- Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
- Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
- Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns.
- Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here