This position ensures regulatory compliance is maintained in accordance with the Appropriate Authority who are responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the national civil aviation security program. This position assesses and screens packages to prevent and mitigate possible threats to personnel, aircraft, facilities, and customers’ packages. This position helps keep our personnel, packages, vehicles, aircraft, and facilities safe from unlawful acts against UPS and aircraft by applying and maintaining security controls. This position may use various screening technology, processes, and procedures to screen packages and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of the all screening processes and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Works within taut timelines ensuring all critical deadlines are met.
- Delivers the screening process to ensure regulation and process compliance.
- Comprehends and implements regulatory changes tools and materials to complete tasks.
- Performs effective screening using equipment and procedures, to prevent prohibited items from entering the air network.
- Participates in and verifies daily equipment inspections and maintains a safe environment to ensure operational compliance and efficiency.
- Works as part of a team to safeguard the air cargo network.
- Operates according to training and collaborates with co-workers to ensure smooth operation.
- Successfully pass Eye Test (color-blindness test)
- Basic literacy & numeracy
- Sound judgement, decision making and good communication skills
- Professional interest in Safety and Security
- Diligent and critical of detail
- Successfully pass security checks, e.g., background, criminal records
Vacancy Type: Part time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here