Website National Trust
We are looking for a Collections Assistants to join the team at Quarry Bank.Our Collections Assistants help us care for a diverse collection, getting our buildings ready every day for visitors to enjoy and ensuring excellent presentation standards. They also play a crucial role in helping us look after the collections in storage and have the opportunity to get involved in a range of behind the scenes work to develop their collections skills.
- You’ll be working at a fast pace and across several buildings on any given day, preparing them for opening (Apprentice House, Quarry Bank House, Worker’s Cottage as well as elements of the Mill).
- No detail will go unnoticed, and you’ll keep a keen eye on everything from the environmental conditions in a room, to signs of wear and tear. You’ll keep accurate records too.
- As a Collections Assistant, you’ll be working as part of a great housekeeping team in an incredible place, helping with the day-to-day cleaning and care of the collections.
- In this visitor facing role, we’d love you to talk to visitors about the work you’re doing, and the collections we have and be a champion for conservation across the property.
- A good understanding of preventive conservation
- Knowledge of the approach required when working with fragile historic collections as well as
- Health & Safety and emergency procedures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and are a great team player
- A willingness to undertake continuing professional development and personal skills development and have an enthusiasm to learn
- A keen interest in history, historic properties and conservation of their collections
- The ability to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Good manual dexterity and eye-to-hand skills and ability to work from ladders and tower scaffold
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmslow, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here