We are looking for an Advisor Planning to join our team!The main focus of this role is to use expert knowledge and judgment of applicable standards, company policies and field work practices to develop, maintain and optimize work plans and job packages for both standard and complex maintenance work.
- Overall responsibility for the development of the program for prioritizing and justifying replacement or maintenance of distribution plant, to ensure integrity of the system. Responsible to develop and cost estimate a group of projects to meet an overall targeted budget amount.
- Overall responsibility to analyze, plan and design parameters for the Department.
- The Advisor, Planning must also ensure projects are prioritized in a cost-effective manner.
- Negotiate with municipalities and external agencies to minimize conflicts and increase cost sharing opportunities where potential main relocations are identified. Project management responsibilities include completion of pickline, cost estimation and tracking for budget/schedule accuracy. Ensure timely communication of accurate pressure and flow parameters for design, costing and execution.
- The Advisor, Planning is responsible to attend Public Utility Coordinating Committee meetings in order to negotiate with utility and municipal managers and staff to settle conflicts, co-ordinate joint projects, minimized overall costs while improving cost sharing and maintain a mutually efficient environment to operate within the municipality. Represent Enbridge at other partner meetings, such as other utilities or agencies to negotiate the company’s position on various planning issues or projects.
- Overall responsibility for the analysis, design, technical specifications and picklines for all maintenance projects.
- Responsible for design, costing and estimating of assigned maintenance projects in the region.
- Job shadow, cross training or work experience from any of the following departments: Construction, M&R, Corrosion, Leak Survey.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and negotiation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including spreadsheet, word processor, Maximo, Click and SAP, e-GIS.
- In depth business, industrial and company knowledge is required to perform analysis function effectively, recognizing impacts on capital and O&M dollars and understanding Codes, Standards and regulations is required.
- Project management certificate/experience and thorough understanding of Operations procedures and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Planning, Design & Records, Operation & Maintenance, and Construction policies and procedures.
- Related university degree and 4+ years’ experience OR 6+ years of previous field operations experience. An equivalent mix of formal education and experience may be considered.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Windsor, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here