The key purpose of the Patch Lead role is to develop, support and coach an FND team of around 15 FTE with accountability for ensuring that fibre build outcomes are delivered. You will also be responsible for driving the quality, safety and compliance measures within your team.You’ll pro-actively build and maintain relationships, often liaising with technical experts. You’ll be trusted by peers and colleagues, will be passionate about doing the right thing, approachable and able to effectively communicate and engage at all levels. You’ll ensure your work is carried out in compliance with BT and Openreach safety requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery of fibre build within your patch, motivating and developing a team of around 15 engineers to achieve this.
- Work with your patch manager to deliver an operational plan, which involves co-ordinating field-based engineers to ensure all fibre build commitments are met.
- Supporting the Patch Manager in improving performance across service, quality, efficiency and compliance measures, supporting, coaching ensuring the right customer outcomes.
- Taking the lead in generating innovative ideas and encouraging team members to constantly seek to improve performance, customer service and processes.
- Understand the root cause of non-compliance and implement appropriate corrective immediate or longer-term actions (with Patch manager support) to address safety issue and reduce risk.
- Maintaining a safe working environment, generating and implementing a plan that ensures all checks are completed to the required timescale and quality, ensuring your own safety training is up to date.
- Supporting a culture of continuous improvement, using coaching skills to deliver sustainable growth within the team and working with your patch manager to address behavioural and compliance issues as per our process and procedures.
- Skills and abilities to be able to motivate, encourage and inspire around 15 team members to focus on customer outcomes.
- Subject matter expert in field engineering and advanced user for digital technology using a full range of test and diagnostic tools.
- A true customer champion, with the ability to be solution focused, demonstrating customer empathy in everything you do.
- Ability to have honest conversations with team members, setting clear expectations and standards.
- Strong communication skills to engage with your team, patch partners and key stakeholders.
Role model of engineering behaviours and a can-do attitude.
- Strong coaching abilities to develop the engineering abilities of team members.
- Willingness and drive to learn new things, constantly develop and improve your technical, engineering and leadership abilities.
- Display advanced understanding and application of electrical characteristics of the network.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bradford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here