Website HM Revenue & Customs
We want to recruit an enthusiastic and strongly motivated individual to join the Welsh Language Unit in Cardiff. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a welcoming team, and to use your current skills and experience to lead in producing first class translations and in developing Welsh language services for HMRC.
- Looking for opportunities to give the best possible service to our customers, and the Department, by being flexible when dealing with new and changing work priorities, and by producing translations in the most cost-effective way.
- Make full and appropriate use of our translation memory software – Trados – ensuring that it is filled with quality translations (you will receive training).
- Translate HMRC material – in a manner that meets the highest standards and agreed deadlines – including correspondence, forms, leaflets, web content and online services, as well as information for ministers.
- Proof-read colleagues’ translations, and your own, promptly – always taking into account all deadlines.
- Striving to improve the quality of our services – following the principle of considering the customer first on every occasion – and emphasizing the importance of the customer’s experience when using HMRC’s Welsh language services.
- Assist in researching and understanding terminology used in a wide range of subjects, updating and improving your linguistic and technical knowledge as required.
- Welsh translation processes, software and resources (on paper and online).
- The requirements of Welsh speaking customers.
- A degree in Welsh or an equivalent Welsh qualification or experience of translating into Welsh.
- Excellent language skills (Welsh and English).
- Prioritize workloads and communicate effectively.
Company: HM Revenue & Customs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here