The role of every Digital Security team member is to support the overarching values and business goals of H-E-B as they relate to meeting legal, ethical, and regulatory obligations; protecting member’s and employee’s privacy; and maintaining a security technology environment for our operations. The Threat Intelligence Analyst provides threat information to help identify threat actors and methods; to enable IT solutions to build effective controls against these threats; provide situation awareness to incident response; run threat assessments for high-risk events (zero-days); support proactive incident hunting in H-E-B systems; advises on matters related to policies, standards, and procedures; and mentors team members with lesser subject matter expertise. The Threat Analyst develops, leads, and monitors the Threat Intelligence Program.
- Develops and documents Threat Intelligence procedures into Playbooks.
- Turns threat information into actionable intelligence by integrating related Indicators of
- Compromise (IOC) into SIEM operations and incident response strategies.
- Develops and formalizes effective threat identification and assessment processes, including maintaining playbooks for obtaining, monitoring, assessing, classifying severity, and responding to evolving threats and vulnerabilities.
- Ensures that Threat Intelligence documentation is comprehensive and accurate.
- Works closely with various external Information Technology teams, state agencies and 3rd party vendors to develop a fuller understanding of the intent, objectives, and activity of cyber threat actors. Identifies, develops, and implements mechanisms to detect security incidents and report on key metrics.
- Identifies and improves security incident detection and monitoring capabilities.
- Provides management and the IR team with a contextual snapshot of the Incident Response team challenges for multiple uses by the team and management.
- Identifies and assesses internal and external cybersecurity risks that threaten the security of H-E-B’s business operations.
- Correlates threat data from various sources and analyzes network events to establish the identity and modus operandi of malicious users active in or posing potential threats to H-E-B.
- Develops, maintains, and updates a repository of cybersecurity threat information that may be used in conducting risk assessments and reports on cyber risk trends. Conducts research and evaluates intelligence data, with specific emphasis on tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years’ information security experience with a focus on threat intelligence.
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly team focused environment is required.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop processes and tools to effectively share actionable intelligence information.
- Rule correlation evaluation and development experience highly recommended but not required.
- High degree of ethics/confidentiality required and may be required to pass security screening.
- Ability to provide accurate analysis that minimizes bias and error.
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here