Do you want to make a positive impact in a diverse organization? We are looking for an Environment Advisor to lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of environmental protection programs designed to support the environmentally responsible operation of the gas distribution system.
- Program lead role for one or more environmental protection programs (e.g. Environmental Planning including Environmental Assessments and Screenings, Environmental Compliance Approvals, Spill Awareness and Prevention, etc.)
- Support business (including key contractors where appropriate) with all day-to-day environmental inquiries including providing timely response to environmental issues from field locations across Ontario
- Participating and facilitating meetings with internal/external partners to discuss environmental projects, develop strategies and work towards resolving environmental issues
- Find opportunities for improvement , and solution options for business decision and implementation
- Developing scopes of work and reviewing environmental reports prepared by environmental consultants, providing expertise and recommendations to business on environmental findings
- Develop, communicate, support and actively promote environmental protection programs; this may include delivering presentations, training courses, information/awareness sessions, working with external environmental consultants, etc.
- Develop and sustain environmental policies, procedures, and programs for application throughout company
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence and reports for internal and external partners such as the Ontario Energy Board for projects meeting Leave-to-Construct criteria
- University Degree in Environmental Engineering, or Science.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- At least 4 years of related experience with strong understanding of provincial and federal environmental legislation, including OEB requirements.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Ontario and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate, orally and written, to a wide variety of people, including employees, management, regulatory agencies, and the public.Experience developing and maintaining
- Environment Management Systems requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here