To be employed in this role you must pass an enhanced safeguarding check.
Are you looking for a flexible role in a fast-paced environment? Do you love working as part of a team to deliver outstanding service to customers?
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a great range of other benefits too. You’ll receive a discount card for yourself and a second card for your nominated user, giving you 10% off your shopping. You’ll receive a company pension and discretionary company bonus. On the ‘Our Asda’ benefits site, you will have access to a wide range of discounts across various activities and services, anything from airport parking to theme parks and pet insurance to car tyres – whatever you’re into there’s something to suit everyone!
About The Role
Our stores operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, with that brings a wide variety of shift patterns – if you’re looking for flexible working to fit around your lifestyle, then look no further! We’ll work with you on your shifts, but weekend working is a requirement of the role, and we may need to be flexible with your work pattern.
Our in-store Pharmacies are hugely popular with our customers, and they will expect the same warmth and friendliness they get everywhere else in the store – as well as being confident and relaxed about discussing personal health issues, quickly resolving customer problems and taking customers to the right products.
Wherever you are, we put our customers first with excellent service, welcoming stores and ‘extra special’ products – we work as a team to maximise sales, deliver a great shopping trip and safeguard patient safety.
You’ll Also Be Responsible For
- Triage patients that present with minor symptoms
- Spending time accurately assembling and processing prescriptions
- Drive awareness of all the extra services we offer in Pharmacy (e.g., Prescription Collection Service, Medicines Use Reviews etc)
- Support the Pharmacist with the delivery and effective record keeping of patient services (blood pressure checks, stop smoking schemes etc)
- Understanding the strict Standard Operating Procedures and work to them as our customers will expect nothing less
- Collecting the customer’s prescription from their doctor’s surgery on their behalf and bringing it to the store ready for collection
We will help you to become a star Pharmacy colleague – you will complete an accredited course to become a qualified Medicine Counter Assistant within 6 months and you’ll then move on to train as a Dispensing Assistant which will complete your pharmacy training. Each step of the way you’ll be bringing something extra to our service and moving your career forward.
You’ll be naturally friendly, highly organised and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You have good computer skills, attention to detail and you communicate well with customers. You love problem solving and you’re passionate about helping people and care about giving customers a great healthcare experience, helping them find what they need and having a chat along the way.
Apply today by completing an online application…